[Sca-cooks] Re: Fudge - recipe please!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 2 21:20:54 PST 2001

Johan said:
> Almost was ashamed to post that on _this_ list. :(

We have folks of all levels here. From folks who have only done a
little mundane cooking, much less period cooking (ie: me, when I joined
this list) to folks who have cooked multiple large feasts to a number
of professional or retired professional chefs.

> I'm hoping to have the time this holiday season to do some serious baking. I
> haven't had the chance for way too long. And I'd really like to get into
> period recipes.

when you mentioned baking earlier, I was thinking mostly of breads.
Perhaps these files in the FOOD-SWEETS section might be of use to
you:
Andlsn-Pstres-art (20K) 11/24/01    "Andalusian Pastries" by Dinah bint Ismai'l.
  (ok, not online yet. But stay tuned...)
baklava-msg       (16K)  4/12/01    Period baklava-like layered pastries.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/baklava-msg.html
cookies-msg       (96K)  9/ 7/01    Period cookies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/cookies-msg.html
Digby-Cakes-art   (12K)  6/30/01    "Excellent Small Cakes Revisited"
                                       by Tirloch of Tallaght.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Digby-Cakes-art.html
pastries-msg     (126K)  6/20/01    Medieval pastries. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/pastries-msg.html
Rosquillas-msg    (15K)  6/20/01    Spanish pastry of biscotti-like rings.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Rosquillas-msg.html

I hope this helps.

> Back under my rock to lurk, perhaps to learn.

I think even the experts here will admit there is always something
more to learn and that is hard to read this list and not learn
something, although the things learned aren't always about period
food.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net