[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 2 21:41:16 PST 2001

His Excellency, Baron Drake Morgan asked:
> Anyone know about the rules for a court baronectcy coronet?  Points,
> metal, size, etc...

Congratulations!

I'm not sure of the restrictions for Lochac, but you might want to
look through this file in the ACCESSORIES section of the Florilegium
and see if there is something that is period that you would like,
which is also doesn't run afowl of your kingdom's sumptuary laws.
coronets-msg      (21K) 11/ 1/01    Medieval coronets and crowns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/coronets-msg.html

And although this is oriented more towards landed barons, perhaps
this file in the SCA-INC section might be of use:
Baronial-Lead-art (18K)  5/30/97    "Principles of Leadership and a
Baron/ess"
                                       by Conor mac Cinneide.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Baronial-Lead-art.html

> Any ideas on what decoration I should have for someone interested in
> Brewing and Cooking?

Whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg?

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net