[Sca-cooks] Stefan

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Dec 4 04:08:01 PST 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Huh? Am I missing something here? Cattails?
> --Maire, who's four cats aren't giving up anything except stray hairs,
> they say, thankyouverymuch ;-)

And I'm sure they're splendid at that!

The short version is that I was sent a cattail by a well-meaning donor
in an attempt to suggest that people living where I live would not have
seen or been familiar with such things, since everyone knows that New
York is nothing but concrete, glass, and steel. (The fact that that is
B.S. would not be a welcome addition to the basic discussion, as
people's misimpressions tend to be very dear to them.) We'd been
discussing the best way to duplicate cattails in edible media for a
subtlety. It was all pretty patronizing, actually, if well-intended.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com