[Sca-cooks] Re: lavender sugar

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Dec 5 19:00:26 PST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> --- "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
> > Can you use the leaves for anything? My lavendar
> > stubbornly refused to
> > bloom this year. The spearmint, OTOH, was amazingly
> > prolific.
> >
> > Margaret
>
> Gee, how did you manage to do this?  I need to know
> because I can't get my various lavendar bushes to stop
> blooming.  The more I cut them back the more they grow
> and bloom ... bloom and grow ... I am overwhelmed!
> Anyone want some lavendar?
>
> Huette

Oooh! Oooh! Me! Me!

Can you tell I'm miffed at my lavendar? The mint flowered. The raspberries
had ripe fruit the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The pepper plants had
peppers (which were little green chilis of death). The basils were happy
and fruitful. But the lavendar, just sat there and laughed at me. Maybe
next year.

I have this amazing gift of killing plants. I am always amazed when they
survive. I almost killed a philodendron once.

Margaret