[Sca-cooks] Christmas Happy Dance

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 5 21:33:17 PST 2001

Angie Malone wrote:

> I am so happy.....happy dance....happy dance......
>
> I got a copy of The Soup for the Qan for Christmas.  I got a used copy from
> a canadian bookstore for $108 US dollars.  I know I could've gotten a new
> copy at Barnes and Noble for $125 plus shipping plus sales tax, but the
> description for the used book said it was in excellent condition, looked
> new.  So I took a chance that it would worth the about $45 I would save
> from getting it used.  I was lucky it was.
>
> I asked Dad if I could borrow his credit card to buy myself a used book I
> would be saving a bundle on, and told him if he wanted he could give me
> part of it for Christmas and I'd pay him the rest.  (Funny he didn't ask
> how much the book was.----it was $165 Canadian).

Congratulations! Many people have had all kinds of trouble acquiring
this. Now that you've got a copy, you can speak Ex Cathedra, to some
extent, and tell us all The Real Deal. Well, you know what I mean. I
think you'll enjoy it.

> I have looked over the book and I can't wait to read it.

I can't wait for you to read it, either. What do you say, folks, do we
want the report on the section on stuffed dumplings, what, Monday? Or
should be relax a bit and give her till Tuesday?

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com