[Sca-cooks] Two-tier feasts, was EK 12th Night Menu

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 08:40:05 PST 2001

Anne  wrote:

> Doing a barbecue in Rhode Island in January might  present a few
> problems... (Though not if we continue to have this bizarre weather in the
> Northeast!)
>
> First you would dig the grill out of the snow...

This week, it would have worked just fine.  I think the temp was higher in
Buffalo than here in Los Angeles.  I had to scrape frost off my car yesterday
morning.  Do you think I own an ice scraper?  NoooOOooo, had to use my little
patty-paws with fast-food serviettes.  NOT a happy Angelino here.

Meanwhile, back on topic... I'm beginning to like the idea of the two-tier
feasts.  It might satisfy the el-cheapo contingent as well as the Appreciators
of the Art.  And this week's weather aside, outdoor BBQ in Caid would work
just fine during the usual warm spell in January.  This could make for a
higher-quality high-end feast, with good budgeting.

Selene