[Sca-cooks] Chocolate truffles (OOP)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Dec 6 09:36:36 PST 2001

At 11:56 AM 12/06/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I assume those parts are by volume?

Actually, no :-)  I weigh everything in baking, I don't do
volumes...  But...  Given that cream is nominally the same weight as water
(ok, it's not, but for this purpose it works well enough), you can use
volume as weight.  Of course, I'm talking metric here...  Soooo, I'd get
something like:

1Kg of chocolate
1 Liter of cream
100 grams of butter.

>  I think I'll buy cheaper chocolate
>for experimenting with the habanero, but I'll buy the good stuff when it
>comes to making the real thing :)

Sounds like a plan.  Do remember that different chocolate will change the
texture some, so you might get a great result and then find out that the
other chocolate doesn't behave exactly the same way

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Kingdom of the Middle
aka