[Sca-cooks] Christmas Happy Dance

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 6 13:38:46 PST 2001

It's true I am old enough to know better, and I do hang around with a
lot of students.  Our group is now half students and half 'townies'.
I started in the SCA very young (I was 16, hanging around with a
bunch of college students) and have been around a while.  It took 16
years to get my AoA, mostly because I wasn't terribly active for a
while and by the time I was being more active everyone thought I had
one.

Also, my other problem is I am interesting in cooking and sewing and
was the seneschal of the group for two years.  Now that I'm not
Sensechal anymore I am interested in cooking and sewing, more in
sewing right now because I cooked the last 4 or 5 feasts.  The last
one I helped out quite a bit the day before the event and the day of
the event so that sort of makes it 5 or 6.

I will look at the stuffed dumpling section though and report back
when I have figured some of it out.

I finally took the book out of my dresser drawer where I have it
stored and looked at it last night.

The book store was kind enough to put a plastic book jacket over it,
or it comes from the publisher, I'm not sure, so I still handle it
quite gingerly.  I don't think I've ever spent that much on a book.

I'm also terribly busy at work.  I'm thankful I don't have to do a
lot for the holidays, most of my relatives are on the West coast and
I'm on the East coast.  So I should be able to report something in
the next few weeks.

I'm lucky, I don't have to wrap it up and put it under the tree.  I
was surprised he didn't have too much of a fit when he found out it
cost $108.  Especially after he read the part about the Kubla Khan.
For some reason that impressed him.  I think he was in a charitable
mood since I got him the christmas present he wanted.  A $20 Pac man
computer game. It's amazing how easy it is to amuse a 76 year old. :-)

	Ang