[Sca-cooks] chains of command

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 9 09:31:44 PST 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
>>>Oh thank god I'm not the only one. Every time I offer, you'd think I'd sprouted a new head or three and just profaned the most sacred of
SCA history or something. I do swear that my least favorite phrase
by the time I'm done will be "But you're the Baroness, you can't!" I
literally have to *leave* my barony to help cook a feast.

Iasmin>>>>>

I used to think this mindest rather silly as well, until I ran into an event where the seated Baroness was the Autocrat.  The problem that arose was the when issues arose requiring her in both roles in different places, the provebial wicket tended to become sticky.  I also wondered at the level of hospitality that she was able to provide her guests and visiting dignitaries . . . . I really have no definite info on that item one way or the other.  Sure the Baron was around, but in a multiple crisis situations, having the local Baron/Baroness tied to an additional job removes a layer of problem solving and resolution that might otherwise be there.  Not always horrible results, but it does create opportunities for problems.

niccolo difrancesco