[Sca-cooks] chains of command

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Dec 9 10:04:33 PST 2001

Gaylin Walli wrote:

> The key to this in the Middle Kingdom is "in court." In my barony I
> am outranked
> by every single Peer except when I sit in court. While in court as
> part of court,
> I outrank everyone save the Royalty present.

In Atlantia, the feeling seems to be that, as we are the "voice of the Crowns" to
our people, that ranking/power passes directly from the Crowns to the Barons.  At
least this is what we've been given to understand in a situation that we've
recently dealt with.

> YEAH!

Thanks!!

> Oh thank god I'm not the only one. Every time I offer, you'd think I'd
> sprouted a new head or three and just profaned the most sacred of
> SCA history or something. I do swear that my least favorite phrase
> by the time I'm done will be "But you're the Baroness, you can't!" I
> literally have to *leave* my barony to help cook a feast.

Yup, that's what I've had to do.  But they did let me cook Festival of Kites
because no one else in the Barony knew how to do oriental food!  So maybe that's
how we get around it...get your group to do a feast that only you can cook...

Kiri
--
Elaine Koogler

     "A stroke of the brush does not guarantee Art from the bristles"

                                                     --  Kosh