[Sca-cooks] EK 12th Night Menu

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Dec 9 10:56:17 PST 2001

chirhart_1 wrote:

> Not that our feast is not  a knock your socks off feast it,s
> that we wanted to support ya.   chirhart

<snip of my own words of dubious wisdom>

> Maybe this will help as well.  Friday night we had a meeting of the staff
> for Atlantian Twelfth Night.  The biggest gripe I heard was that we wanted
> to come to EK Twelfth Night to eat your feast, but couldn't because of ours!

Given my druthers and perhaps a telepathic link to a clone of myself (I
dunno; ask Drake ;-) ), I'd be at the Atlantian 12th Night, too. What
I've seen of your plans and what I know of your staff indicate it'll be
a blast! Besides, solidarity in situations like this is a good thing; it
discourages the "I can get an awful lot of diner food for x bucks!":
these people just seem to play a different game than many of us here.
Not wrong, just different.

Anyway, I've been wondering whether the extensive talk connected to the
EK12N feast was misdirecting attention from other worthy projects; so
I'm glad you brought it up, Chirhart.

You know, on the day I sent out my menu to be posted to the event's web
site, I spotted the fact that someone had posted a menu for a
German-style feast in another of the large baronies in the East, for a
Yule revel. I'm not even sure of the date, but part of my point is that
for a minute, I was a little alarmed because _this_ menu had more dishes
than mine, was probably less expensive, etc., and after a few minutes I
realized, "Hey, a good feast is a good thing for any event, and having
one, by definition, could not be bad, so I ain't gonna worry."

My life would perhaps be richer if I could attend your 12th Night feast,
and it's a shame that I can't. On the other hand, I think the world will
be a richer place for the fact that both of these things are happening,
even if each of us misses one or the other. We are all fighting the good
fight in the way we know how.

Best wishes!

Adamantius
--