[Sca-cooks] RE: Hanukah

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 9 16:23:28 PST 2001

Margaret said:
> What she said. Also, going along with the lamp theme, this is the holiday
> where the menorah and candles get used and when you play dreidel (we
> always played for raisins, when I babysat the Jewish kids across the
> street). Children usually get a small gift each night (partially to
> offset Xmas, I think), sometimes money or chocolate coins.

Well, for those who saw this and wondered "dreidel? What is that?"
check this file in the ENTERTAINMENT section of the Florilegium:
T-H-Dreidel-art   (12K) 12/26/00    "The Hannukah Dreidel" by Lady
Meliora
                                       Leuedai de Ardescote.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/T-H-Dreidel-art.html

(I mostly finished as Event Steward for our Yule Revel last night. So
now I can get back to real life again... which is why I'm a few days
late replying to this message)
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net