[Sca-cooks] dolmas

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 9 19:58:28 PST 2001

Lann asked:
> > Other Chanukah treats are ...  "Yebra"-stuffed grape leaves.
>
> Like the greek dolmas? Does anyone have a recipe for this? I *love* dolma,
> but haven't found a home recipe that measures up to our favorite restaurant
> (which doesn't call them dolmas, either, but I can't remember their name for
> meat-and-rice-and-seasoning-squished-together-and-rolled-in-a-grape-leaf) so
> I'm on the lookout for variants to help me duplicate theirs.

There is one period recipe for dolmas and I think referances to others
in this file in the Florilegium. There are also comments on grape
leaf sources and how to handle them:
grape-leaves-msg  (17K)  7/25/00    Use of grape leaves in cooking. Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/grape-leaves-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net