[Sca-cooks] Re:My desired arms--OT

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Sun Dec 9 22:59:23 PST 2001

    As I recall, you can go 3 layers without a problem -the field, the
bottle, the skull & crossed quills (I'm assuming the quills are crossed
below the skull). A depth of 3. Perfectly acceptable. Don't put the bottle
on an ordinary, like a bend or fess. That would be 4 layers, which is not
allowed.
    And since it would be an ink bottle, so as long as you rendered it in a
reasonably period manner, the rest is artistic license. It would most likely
fly as a badge quite well, which for business purposes is about the same
thing. But as long as it's clear of conflict, something along the lines of
"argent, an ink bottle sable charged with a skull and crossed quills" would
meet all the rules, or for a badge, go with "[fieldless] an ink bottle sable
charged with a skull and crossed quills argent".

    Sieggy