[Sca-cooks] Boar Hunt 2001

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 10:37:20 PST 2001

Sorry i haven't been following the list for a few weeks - i finally moved into a temporary "home" on Thanksgiving evening, but didn't have phone/internet access until this morning.

Also i have been shopping and cooking for the Boar Hunt for the last two weeks. It was a success this year. It is a fairly popular event around here, originally produced by a local Shire which has since "gone into abeyance", but with such a following that the Province of the Mists continues it.

It was sunny and a comfortable temperature, lovely weather to run through the trees. There were lots of hunters, "hounds", and "dogs" running around outside during the day.

And in the late afternoon the hall was packed with diners, too. The rain that was forcast didn't show up until around 11:30 PM, as the autocrat, his lady, and i had finished cleaning the hall and were getting the last of our stuff into our cars. We knew something was up when the temperature plummetted from pleasant mid-50's to chilly low 40's - or was it high 30's.

You may (or may not) recall my menu, which was mostly German food from Gute Spise, Sabina Welser, and Marx Rumpolt, with a few English recipes thrown in.

Once again i made a bit too much food, although not too many left-overs. There was much less waste this year than last, and there wasn't a lot of waste last year. This is my second and one-third feast, so at least i can tell i'm learning.