[Sca-cooks] drinking olive oil

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Dec 11 15:13:40 PST 2001

At 04:38 PM 12/11/2001, you wrote:
>Gorgeous Muiredach commented:
> > This brings back memories, walking through fields of thyme or
> > oregano.  Drinking olive oil by the glass, as it was nice and sweet like
> > fruit juice.
>
>Drinking olive oil???
>
>I'll assume you aren't just putting on the silly city folks like
>me. Sounds pretty.. oily?

Yep, drinking olive oil.  Not as a laxative.  And not to put y'all on.  of
course, it wasn't like we'd have a glass a day kinda thing.  But you could
have had it in a glass on a fairly regular basis without too much trouble...

The olive oil we can get here, even the best of them, doesn't even come
close to comparing.  The stuff we had in Elaphonissos was sweet,
fruity.  Like it would have been olive *juice*...

I long for this delicious oil again.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom