[Sca-cooks] Welcome, Johan (period baking)

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Dec 11 19:55:55 PST 2001

Johan wrote:

>My main interest is/would be period baking, but time is limited and I have
>to, probably like everyone else, squeeze that between the rest of mundane
>life.:)
>
>Going to delve into your Florilegium files for some period baking recipes
>and try them out.
>
>Any recommendations?

Have you found our _Miscellany_ yet? It has, among other stuff, some
bread recipes at the beginning of the recipe section, and desserts
etc. near the end, including pastries. It exists in hardcopy and the
current version is also webbed in pdf format at:

www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Miscellany.htm

There is also an older edition webbed in html on Greg Lindahl's site.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook (catching up on the list--we did
a feast a little over a week ago)