[Sca-cooks] Re: Non-collapsing pastry was Midrealm Cooks' Collegium

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 12 05:06:12 PST 2001

I've never made the stuff, myself, Mistress, but I know of at least one
person in our kingdom who has, and she's on this list (Hi, Constance
<g>).  She did this really nifty (and tasty) subtlety for our Kingdom
A&S Competition the year she won.  It was a pastry castle with different
goodies (sauces, I seem to recall) in the towers.  The pastry was
sturdy, but quite edible.  Heck, she even hand-ground the flour to
approximate medieval flour texture.
I know she's got documentation for it--don't know if if was one of the
files she donated to the Florilegium, but this note should smoke her out
of lurk-mode, and you could probably ask her for a copy directly....
--Maire (very lucky cooking judge that day....yummm)