[Sca-cooks] OT OT OT Apple Computers

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 12 17:02:14 PST 2001

UlfR asked:
> Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> [2001.12.12] wrote:
> > to our current release.  To say I loathe having to work with vi editing
> > is an understatement......
>
> And exactly what is wrong with vi? Or are you one of those depraved
> EMACS users?

My problem with vi is the two different modes with little indication
which one you are in. All too often instead of moving to the left
with the 'J' key, I end up joining a bunch of lines together. And
similar irritating/sometimes distructive results. And no, I'm not
an EMACS user, or at least haven't been for years.

At home, I use Macs because I prefer them (once my real favorite.
the Amiga, went belly-up). I use a PC at work because I'm forced
to.

However, this is a cooking list and I'd much rather talk about
cooking or at least cooking tools rather than computers, which
are just tools.

So, UlfR also asked:
> ObFoodContent: what medieval food can be discretely introduced into
> modern christmas dinners?

Gingerbread
various cookie-like things
IF you like turnips, the armored turnips should work
Some of the "stuffed" breads might be good.
How about Hippocras or wassail?
How about a good medieval salad?
Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese might make a good appetizer.
Stuffed dates might also make a good appetizer.

And I know where you can find some info on all of these. :-)

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net