[Sca-cooks] marrow bones

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Wed Dec 12 21:17:53 PST 2001

Siegfried Heydrich <baronsig at peganet.com> [2001.12.12] wrote:
>     Hacksaw, hell! Hammer & chisel . . .

To get at the marrow? If you just roast the bones until they are
slightly charred you can crack them very easilly. Naturally, then she
can't use the bones for various craft projects.

Ohh, and if she actually had the whole lower legs she should take care
of the hoves. Just stick the hoof end in boiling hot water for 5-10
minutes, and pull them off with pliers, using a twisting motion. Make
native american style rattles, strange wind-chimes, or use the small
"upper" ones as ends on cords (make a large hole in the point, pull the
cord though, knot, and pull the knot into the hoof).

UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
"Well I wish you'd just tell me, rather than try to
engage my enthusiasm, because I haven't got one."
		-- Marvin the Paranoid Android