[Sca-cooks] Re: rice pudding & marrow

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Fri Dec 14 05:22:57 PST 2001

Craig Jones. <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au> [2001.12.13] wrote:
> I can post the original, my redaction, and the other cooks notes over
> the weekend if anyone is interested...

Whay do people bother asking these silly questions?

> >be period documentation to what I have eaten as "Kirgisian lung
> >cheese"
> >(lamb or goat lungs, fill with milk, boil in milk).
>
> Hmmm, sounds interesting.  Have you actually eaten this?

Yes, of course. Digging onto my memory instead of trying to locate a
notebook; do not use low fat milk, use whole milk. IIRC it took 4-6
hours, by which time it had jelled completely, in the shape of the
lungs (after you fill them you tie off the opening).

To be singuarilly unhelpfull; it tasted a bit like kalvdans or even
more like kaffeost.  A not-very-sweet cheesecake, but not. The same
principel that makes people reject tongue in favour of casserole de
longue de beuf applies. ;-)

UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
Amendment II, Revised: A well-regulated population being necessary to
the security of a police state, the right of the Government to keep
and destroy arms shall not be infringed.