[Sca-cooks] Airing cupboard

Craig Jones drakey at cyberone.com.au
Fri Dec 14 13:56:57 PST 2001

Not even close.

An Airing cupboard is where your linen is stored (sheets, towels, tea
towels (dish wipers), etc.  It can also, when quite large, be used for
drying clothing (tradition airing cupboards were used for this) as the
hot water heater is usually in there and it can get quite hot and dry in
there.

Funny story alert:

When I was 3 (and a complete horror), I locked my mother in the airing
cupboard, at Mom and Dad's first house in Southhampton, by shoulder
charging the door and smashing the lock.  While she was trying to escape
(it took 2 hours), I ran amock in the house and threw flour over
everything...

When she finally escaped, she calmly grabbed the vaccuum cleaner to
clean up the flour, except she'd discovered I'd cut a hole in the bag
with a pair of scissors... Flour dust settling over the freshly washed
Venetian Blinds! Later that week my father discovered that I'd put holes
in all 90-odd of his oil paints with a modelling knife.  I was almost
sold into slavery that week.

BadBadBadDrakey (Aussie and ex POM (prisoner of motherland...))