[Sca-cooks] Airing cupboard

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Dec 14 14:45:03 PST 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Craig Jones wrote:

> When I was 3 (and a complete horror), I locked my mother in the airing
<snip>
> When she finally escaped, she calmly grabbed the vaccuum cleaner to
> clean up the flour, except she'd discovered I'd cut a hole in the bag
> with a pair of scissors... Flour dust settling over the freshly washed
> Venetian Blinds! Later that week my father discovered that I'd put holes
> in all 90-odd of his oil paints with a modelling knife.  I was almost
> sold into slavery that week.
>
> BadBadBadDrakey (Aussie and ex POM (prisoner of motherland...))

But you got better, right? My Sweetie-Snuggle-Pie James was like that too,
according to the family. If he'd been the first, he'd have been the
ONLY! But he was #4 and wore his mother out. I'm told that the only
reason he survived was that he was an exceptionately cute kid (I've seen
pictures- he really was). He is a semi-respectable adult now (though he's
a herald...) and only sometimes indulges in sneakiness and such. Lucky
thing though- I can't have any more children, so we aren't going to repeat
the process. The Western World could not survive a James Jr...

'Lainie
horrified at the loss of that much oil paint. You know how much that stuff
costs?