[Sca-cooks] looking for za'atar

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Dec 16 06:19:53 PST 2001

Yeah, I bought some from Penzey's.  Now are you talking about the mixture or are
you talking about the actual spice (it's reddish brown berries so I believe it
qualifies as a spice).  It also grows here in the US...I have several "bushes" on
my property.  But I've been advised by those on the list that it probably is not
of the same strength as what you purchase.  I've cooked with the spice mixture,
and it's great...rub it on steaks or a roast before grilling....wonderful stuff.
I've not yet cooked with the spice.

Kiri