[Sca-cooks] Proud Mistress

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 12:37:57 PST 2001

Hi, All!

Since others have shared their cooking triumphs, I
wish to announce that my wonderful apprentice, Lady
Artemesia Serena won first place in the Period Recipe
cooking contest at Altavia Yule last Saturday.  She
made a paté from Queen's Taste, which she molded and
surrounded with red and green bread, twisted in a
wreath surrounding the paté.  The bread was colored
red using beets and green using spinach.  This was her
first time entering a period cooking contest and she
took first place!  She will be posting her recipes
here soon.

My newest apprentice, Wolfe von Pater, won honorable
mention for her entry in the Best Use of Winter
Vegetables contest also at Altavia Yule. She made
pumpkin soup from King's Taste, which she served in a
pumpkin shell soup tureen.  I am encouraging Wolfe to
join this list and hope that she will post her recipe
when she does.

Their proud Mistress,

Huette

=====