[Sca-cooks] Re: Cook's Illustrated; brining

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:21:11 PST 2001

Hi again Amanda.  I don't brine a lot of things.  I certainly do brine
turkey before I put it in the smoker.  It keeps the bird nice and juicy and
tender.  I stick the bird in a great big pot with brine water and spices
overnight.

As far as the magazine, I'll see if I can find an old copy around my place
(or buy a new copy) and send it to you so you can do your own comparison.  I
did see a place online where you could order a free copy.  Here is the site
http://www.100-free-magazines.com/magazines/cook's-illustrated.htm

Don't know what the deal is though but you might check it out.  Let me know
if that works for you.
Olwen