[Sca-cooks] Adamantius the Grey

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 24 14:22:13 PST 2001

> 12413AEB2ED4FA5E6F7D78E78BEDE820945092OF923A40EElOE5 I OCC98D444AA08EI324
>
> 'I cannot understand the fiery letters,' I said in a timid voice.
>
> 'No but I can,' he said. 'The letters are Hex, of an ancient mode, but the
>language is that of Microsoft, which I shall not utter here. But in common
>English this is what it says:
>
>       One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
>       One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Ahhh, Puck, this inscription fails the test of True Hex for True Hex has no
I or O.  Also, it seems not to follow the true patterns of EBCIDC or ASCII.
Therefore, it is Obfuscated Hex, which is how your Master knows that it is
in the language of Microsoft, for the Beast of Redmond seeks security in
obscurity and answers the wails and lamentations of the followers of the One
OS with cryptic words and the emptyness of blue and black screens.

Bear