[Sca-cooks] Queston on Flours

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 26 18:54:27 PST 2001

Terry Decker wrote:

> A fine bolted, aged whole wheat pastry flour gives better results with the
> manchet recipe than most off-the-shelf whole wheat flours.  A high gluten
> bread flour is better yet.  Remember, what they really wanted for manchet
> was Wonder bread.

I remember being shocked to discover that the Dunkin' Donuts chain used to sell (and may still), something called French Rolls, which were sort of cylindrical but poufy, flattish on top and bottom, about the size of your two fists... I remember thinking they looked almost exactly like manchets.

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com