[Sca-cooks] Wedding Cake Advice (OOP)

Laurie Hupman roswtr at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 13:20:22 PST 2001

Okay, I know this has nothing to do with period
cooking, but a friend was asking for wedding cake
advice over lunch today.

She wants chocolate cake, with orange filling and a
smooth, white icing.  She thinks orange or tangerine
curd would probably be a better filling than orange
marmalade, but she's not sure if she wants bitter
oranges or sweet.

I'm not much of a pastry cook, so I'm out of my depth
here.  Can anybody make some recommendations?  We're
going to get together at my place some time next month
(when we've both got the same weekend free) and
experiment.

Thanks,
Rose