[Sca-cooks] Re: Found this on the internet

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 02:52:35 PST 2001

>Pricipality of Lochac: "Court first--sheep later."

Sheep. Sheep? SHEEP???

Obviously, all the other Lochacians are off trying to find creative ways to
use up all the leftover Christmas ham. So I shall take up the standard and
set forth to defend our reputations ...

It is perfectly fine for Australians to make jokes about Kiwis and sheep (at
this point, Kylie hopes that all the Kiwis on the list are off getting
creative with the leftover Christmas mutton). But Aussie sheep jokes? No,
no, there must be something Lochacians are known for. (For those who wonder
what on earth I'm talking about ... Right now, "we" - Australia - are West
and "they" - New Zealand  - are Caid - I think - although it seems possible
we will all be part of the soon-to-be Kingdom of Lochac, which I personally
think would be great.  "we" are often known to tell jokes about "them" and
their sheep. Now there are even jokes about the jokes - for example, and I'm
told this was part of a very good speech delivered by the former mayor of
Christchurch at a local government conference in Australia recently ...

... there are only three jokes about Kiwis and sheep..... all the rest are
case histories ...)

So now I'm curious - when people think of Lochac, what's the stereotypical
image? It isn't really sheep, is it?

Kylie