[Sca-cooks] Jello horror story

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sat Dec 29 04:34:25 PST 2001

At 11:44 PM 12/28/01 -0500, you wrote:
Dana said
>A while back there was some wailing and gnashing of teeth over the
presence of Jello "salads" on the table at Thanksgiving.  Being possessed
of a family that considers Jello to be a dessert and never an appropriate
place to put marshmallows, I was amused.  I was smug.  I was complacent and
felt myself safe from anything nastier than the occasional candied yam.

LOL! A couple of years ago I spent Christmas at my parent's house. Mom was
raving over this "new" creation she'd discovered. Some kind of jello
dessert. As I will eat just about anything, I scooped up a bite and put it
in my mouth to discover to my horror it had crushed pretzels as a "crust."
Now faced with the "spit or swallow" question, I dutifully chewed and
swallowed. But how do you tell your own MOTHER you find something she made
nauseating? I don't eat pretzels by choice, unless they are those big, hot
ones you can melt butter all over. I somehow avoided eating any more, but
the recipe makes a 9" x 13" pan full and she kept pushing it. Gack!

Liadan
don't care for marshmallows much either