[Sca-cooks] Period Bread-The Update

Gary Walker gerekr at ravensgard.org
Sat Dec 29 10:31:58 PST 2001

on 12/27/01 8:55 PM, Terry Decker at t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net wrote:

>...Period or modern oven, if it can handle the quantity required in the
> necessary time, there is no real problem.  If it doesn't have the necessary
> capacity, you are in a world of hurt.  Most baking, then and now, can be
> done a day in advance.
>
> Bear

Hi Bear -- Don't know what brings it to mind, but a while back (12-18 mo??)
you (I'm sure it was you) mentioned building a bread oven on a trailer, to
take to events... how's that project going?  (I'm just coming out of a spell
of alternative building methods and there was this "building an earth oven"
item in with all the straw-bale and cob books...)

Chimene