[Sca-cooks] Message for Olwen

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Dec 31 08:58:03 PST 2001

Nelson Beth wrote:

 > My understanding is (from UPS and also from a friend that owns a
 > winery) that it is illegal to send alcoholic products across any
 > state lines.
 >
 > Orlaith
 >
 > --- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
 >
 >> It's not the possible problems inherent in sending something
liquid....it's
 >>  the state of Montana's regulations forbidding (AFAIK) the mailing
 >>  of alcohol products. I'll double-check with

FWIW, I've had no problem simply having the vendor, such as a liquor
store (obviously this would then have to be a commercial product), ship
bottles of The Demon Rum.

I wonder if the state lines regs. are, or were, about taxation? Just an
interesting sideline question, given the Whisky Rebellion and such...

And then, the classic involves hollowing out a loaf of bread, slipping
the booze inside, and then shipping that...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com