[Sca-cooks] Re:Book on silver tableware

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Dec 31 17:31:38 PST 2001

Marged said:
> Oh! Can you bring it to CooksCon with you? I am doing the slide show on
> "Setting The Period Table" and every bit of information helps!!!

You've probably already checked the Florilegium, but just in case you
haven't, here are a few files that might be useful:
aquamaniles-msg   (10K)  3/ 2/00    Fancy period jugs to hold water for washing.
forks-msg         (23K)  4/13/01    Period forks. history and use in Europe.
nefs-msg          (20K)  6/11/01    Richly decorated medieval salt cellars.
p-tableware-msg   (47K)  4/11/01    Period tableware. Period references
spoons-msg        (17K) 12/17/01    Period spoons. References. Construction.
tablecloths-msg   (11K)  8/30/00    Period tablecloths. SCA feast tablecloths.
utensils-msg     (166K)  4/11/01    Utensils, plates, trenchers, cast iron pots.

These are all in the FOOD-UTENSILS section. There are probably more,
but it depends upon the time period that you are using, such as the
mazers-msg file and in the BEVERAGES and CRAFTS section. I'm afraid I
don't have many pictures, but perhaps the comments or referances
might help.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net