Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

Kathleen Hogan kitchenwytch at home.com
Thu Feb 1 18:29:31 PST 2001

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Caitlin of Enniskillen wrote:
> >I have found that no matter what rissole recipe you make, you can't
> >keep them around long!
>
> I've given up on cooking goose at the next Boar Hunt - too expensive.
>
> Now i'm considering making rissoles with a pork filling. Again, i'm
> cooking for 80-90 diners...
>
> First: I thought of making them ahead of time, and refrigerating or
> freezing them. Would this be possible?

Probably. What kind of rissoles are we talking about? Forcemeat wrapped
up in caul fat? Wrapped in pastry? Crumbed and fried?

> Second: There's a functional grill on the stove at the site. Can i
> cook them that way, rather than frying in a pan, since i need all my
> burners?

Are you talking about a sort of pancake griddle section, like a
short-order cook uses for eggs, pancakes, French toast, and burgers,
among other things? You might well get away with it, depending on what
type of rissoles you're talking about.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy