SC - Per head budgets was Re: alcohol revisited

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Feb 1 16:14:38 PST 2001

> >My last husband said hewas leaving me because I was so old, fat and ugly
that no >>one could possibly love

> Some men are just stupid.
>
> I was given the weight thing as an excuse by my first husband. When my we
> met, I weighed approx 110 lb ( I was 18),  Four years later, after two
> children, I weighed about 130 lb.  He told me I'd become fat and
> unattractive.

My first husband married me when I was 5'2" and 92lbs (having just finished
a bout of stress-induced anorexia).  About 2 years later, I weighed 180lbs.
He abused me emotionally and occasionally (though admittedly rarely)
physically.  He also told me that I was so ugly nobody else would have me.
He not only slept around...he brought them home.  I finally left him after 6
years of marriage when he moved his girlfriend into our spare bedroom....all
the time denying loudly that they were sleeping together (right!!!!).  My
new husband married me when I weighed over 200lbs.  I now fluctuate between
235-250.  We found out about 5 years ago that I have a thyroid disorder, and
have had it for years (possibly a genetic problem triggered by the bout of
anorexia).  So far we have not found a treatment that works, but I'm seeing
an endocrinologist who thinks we may be able to treat (though not cure) the
problem if we can just pin down the exact problem.  My weight doesn't bother
my current husband...he says he didn't marry me for my figure.  If I lose
the weight...great...it'll be easier on my knees.  If I don't, well...he
loves me, not my waistline.

If a man (or woman) is more concerned with your physical appearance than you
as a person....he/she is not worth having around.  Get rid of him/her and
find someone who knows what real love is.

Caitlin