SC - Newcomer

Claire Galibois galibois at lycos.com
Thu Feb 1 17:17:38 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/1/2001 9:10:51 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<
 I'd say that as long as it's a gentle bubble, it is a simmer. Poaching
 heat is about 160 degrees F, wherein bubbles form but don't rise to the
 surface. Simmering is at around 180, but can have bubbles rising,
 usually in the center. I'd say a boil is characterized by bubbles
 blooping up from the entire surface. Of course, things like liquid
 viscosity, air pressure and altitude all affect boiling.

Water boils at sea level at 212 degrees F, or 100 degrees C.

Mordonna