SC - Newcomer

Tudorcook tudorcook at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 02:59:41 PST 2001

Eden quoth thusly:
> Jessica Tiffin asked about additional Oxymel recipes.  There's one in Scappi
> c. 1549 with honey vinegar and egg whites.

Ooooh!  I have no access to Scappi - _please_ could someone with the
text type that in for me, if it's not too long?  Does it talk about
oxymel only as a medicinal draught?  I'm particularly interested in
finding any evidence which supports drinking oxymel or sekanjabin as
a refreshment rather than as a medicine.

many thanks,
Jehanne

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin  *  Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant