SC - Re: skinny cooks

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:26:12 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/2/01 12:07:29 PM, michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<<  Add to
the fact that a lot of people say they won't eat it is one reason I don't
usually
do fish. But you have inspired me to try for the next feast I do if I get a
good
deal on it. >>

This is real wonder to me. Here fish is relatively inexpensive and easy to
get. But every attempt at serving it has been nixed by the populace (We once
did whole salmon for each table). It is depressing to see the same old
chicken and roast beef on the menu everytime, but that's what they eat.

Sometimes they are willing to try a small piece of venison, or pork, but it's
always beef and chicken that they will clean up.

Some of us like to vary the menu (I prefer game meats and birds-was raised on
woodcock, deer, and fresh caught fish), and it's frustrating to see the lack
of "daring" to try something new (or old). If you stray too far away from the
"blessed likes", you are accused of not giving them their monies worth. Or
worse, your reputation as a cook suffers, even if you provide tasty
alternatives. Any input ?