SC - Grande Feast

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 12:10:14 PST 2001

> << I'm planning to do a very limited <40 person feast of extreme quality and
> entertainment >>
>
> I'd love to hear more...I had this in mind recently for my group as well.
>
> Andrea

Baroness Alys and I are kicking around some ideas right now. Things like
whether it would be an SCA event or a private party. (The SCA event sounds
better because of liability, insurance and renting issues.) Places where
it could be held. Cost of such a small area w/kitchen. etc...

I'm looking at 20 - 30 people for arund $30 or so a head.
Tentative plans include musicians, various entertainments including
magicians, storytellers, featured musicians, what we can find that doesn't
require
"Hostage Dinner Theater" scenarios. Hand washing between courses. A proper
carver with all due ceremony. Trencher breads. Fountains.

Probably three courses with around 5 dishes each, decreasing in quantity and
increasing in delicacy. Foods like venison,  boar, goose, fish, handmade
pastas,
Grete Pyes, sweets, etc.. are being looked at right now. Many of the finalized
dishes will be determined by availibility and cost.

I'm also thinking of memorials to be given to each guest. Booklets of the
feast,
the historical aspects of it, recipes and sources, and trinkets.

Expensive but worth it.

Possible time would be in June.

But nothing is set in stone yet.

Gunthar