SC - Re: Skinny Cooks

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:42:34 PST 2001

I think part of the problem may simply be that a lot of people never
learned to carve
> and serve properly in the first place, and that this may be compounded
by
> big sleeves, ruffs, etc.

> Adamantius

I remember Adamantius taught a carving class at the Known World Cooks symposium
in Atlantia (Stierbach, I think) several years ago (april 1995). It was quite
enlightening! For those who weren't there: he had several types of meats
prepared (roasts, birds, etc.) and showed several carving knives and techniques
for carving various bits.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen the poor knights or squires who've
been called to head table to carve the beast or bird, only to result in a bit
of a mess. One poor lad is now known as "ducksbane."

Gwyneth B.