SC - Storebought kraut - OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Feb 3 00:28:41 PST 2001

> > Mistress Meadbhb and I are doing an Iron Chef competion this weekend at Bryn
> > Gwylad's Candlemas...I'm so nervous!!!
> > Gwyneth
>
> Good luck. Is it to be period style food or just whatever you can do with the
> ingredients? Who are the judges? etc....
>
> Just remember to not be nervous but have fun. I would have been there to
> help if you needed it if I had known sometime before today and, well, you
> didn't ask.  :-{)}
>
> You two have fun now, y'heah?
>
> Gunthar

You don't say whether you are running the contest or entering it.  Either way,
relax and have fun!  Who says that arts competitions have to be boring?  Make
sure the herald/announcer types are doing their job, and it will be a bit hit all
around.  Keep in mind that this is as much entertainment for the populace as a
contest of artists.

Remember to bring serving platters and dishware for the judges.

If your theme ingredient is any type of seafood, do not even THINK about going
near the ice cream machine.

Helpful phrases:  "I feel like I'm tasting clouds" "This tastes like springtime
in my home prefecture" "The Bellatrix of French Cuisine"  "I Will Win!"

Be proud!  Nobody else in the SCA gets to compete with live steel.

Selene
Iron Chef Altavia
p.s. I'm starting to plan for our second Iron Chef contest this August.  I'm
autocratting, not competing.  If someone here wants to compete in Caid in the
summertime, please contact me ASAP!