SC - peaches

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Feb 3 23:04:52 PST 2001

It was asked:
> This is real wonder to me. Here fish is relatively inexpensive and easy to
> get. But every attempt at serving it has been nixed by the populace (We once
> did whole salmon for each table).
>
> Some of us like to vary the menu (I prefer game meats and birds-was raised on
> woodcock, deer, and fresh caught fish), and it's frustrating to see the lack
> of "daring" to try something new (or old). If you stray too far away from the
> "blessed likes", you are accused of not giving them their monies worth. Or
> worse, your reputation as a cook suffers, even if you provide tasty
> alternatives. Any input ?

We've discussed the problems with the acceptance of fish at feasts
several times. You might want to check this file in the FEASTS section
of the Florilegium. I think there is some commentary on how a few have
overcome this problem. Best of luck. *I'd* love to see fish more often
at Ansteorran feasts.
feasts-fish-msg   (11K)  8/21/00    Serving fish at SCA feasts.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net