SC - serving whole chickens

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Feb 3 23:22:29 PST 2001

- --============_-1230853116==_ma============

At 12:51 AM -0500 2/4/01, rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:
>And it came to pass on 3 Feb 01, , that david friedman wrote:

>  > Does the language say somewhere that all those rights you have
>>  licensed to them vanish if you decide to give up the account?
>
>I don't see anything to that effect.  Their Internet Use Policy, which
>contains the passage I quoted, is at:
>http://foyt.msd.earthlink.net:81/about/policies/accessagrmnt.html

It does say:

Sections 3, 4, 6, and 11 of this Agreement shall survive termination
of this Agreement.

And the passage you are concerned with is in section 8, so it doesn't
survive. I don't know whether that means that the license you have
granted them vanishes, or if their position would be that once
granted you can't revoke it.

I suggest corresponding with Earthlink to get a clearer idea of just
what they are claiming.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr at best.com
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/
- --============_-1230853116==_ma============

 --></style><title>Re: SC - OT: Web copyright -- can Earthlink use my
david friedman wrote:</blockquote>
that all those rights you have<br>
> licensed to them vanish if you decide to give up the account?<br>
I don't see anything to that effect.  Their Internet Use Policy,
which<br>
contains the passage I quoted, is at:</blockquote>
cite>http://foyt.msd.earthlink.net:81/about/po<span
3, 4, 6, and 11 of this Agreement shall survive termination of this
Agreement.</font></div>
doesn't survive. I don't know whether that means that the license you
have granted them vanishes, or if their position would be that once
granted you can't revoke it.</div>
just what they are claiming.</div>

David Friedman<br>
Professor of Law<br>