SC - OT: Web copyright -- can Earthlink use my material?

rcmann4@earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 4 07:59:02 PST 2001

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> WHOAAAA, big-time pet peeve hot-button! You know how some men are about
> cars? Guns? Alcohol tolerance? Sexual prowess and chili pepper tolerance?

Ahh yes, we do have a fetish in common. Knives are supposed to be sharp,
damn it.

> How often do you hear a SCAdian say, "Man, my knife sure is dull..."?

Most can't be bothered do do anything about it, one way or another.

> increasingly fine Arkansas whetstones, then switched to leather strops
> rubbed with jeweller's rouge, and then a fine going-over with a

These days I tend to use leather glued to a board, with polishing paste
rubbed into it; just buy whatever the auto part store suggest for
getting your chrome nice again. Dirt cheap, and good.

> And the *&^$% thing still won't slice an onion.

How can one fail in that? I know people do, but I can't fathom it. I
don't know how many times I've cooked in a friends house, and used my
swiss army knife since it, as opposed to the knives in the kitchen, is
sharp.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
		-- Adlai Stevenson