SC - Feast Basket Tools

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 7 00:21:16 PST 2001

Bonne asked:
> Say, Stefan, do you have a file dedicated to sauces and what they are
> supposed to go with?  If not, that sounds like a good article for someone to
> write.

Check these files in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
garum-msg         (48K) 10/ 3/00    Roman fish sauces made from
fermented fish.
                                       Also includes comments on liquamen.
gravy-msg          (8K)  9/ 1/00    Period gravy. Renaissance, not medieval.
murri-msg         (32K)  1/ 5/01    Rotted barley paste condiment of Arabia.
Mustard-art        (5K)  9/14/00    "Mustard" by Ld. Daniel le Vascon du Navarre
mustard-msg       (83K)  7/11/00    Mustard seed in period. sauces. recipes.
sauces-msg       (114K) 11/28/00    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.

As for what to use the sauces on, sometimes the poster will say what they
think it would be good for, at other times the original recipe will
give some indication what they thought was an appropriate use.

Of course, like Lord Daniel's article, I'm always open to considering
some more articles.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net