SC - Torta de melones

rcmann4@earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 7 08:02:50 PST 2001

How about buffalo?  Eat more buffalo, help restore the tallgrass prairie by
making buffalo raising economically viable.

I know the argument about resource waste, but I keep wondering how the
conclusion was reached.  Here in Oklahoma, livestock is normally run on land
that is marginal for crops with the cropland sometimes serving as winter
pasturage.  Factoring in the salination and aquifer depletion that would
occur trying to grow grain on these lands makes me think the general
argument is specious.

Bear