SC - Re: kraut brands

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 7 11:41:09 PST 2001

- --- Jenne Heise <jenne at mail.browser.net> wrote:

> > What you were looking for was a 'Vegan" egg roll,
> I'd
> > imagine.  That means no meat at all (not even
> broth).
>
> Oops-- I'm causing confusion. That wasn't a
> terminology problem, it was a
> poor service problem. In other words, the vegetarian
> egg roll that was on
> the menu had no seafood in it. The egg rolls that we
> GOT (which we sent
> back) were the non-vegetarian ones.

Ah... That does clear things up a bit.  I run into
this all the time, myself, but having worked in
Kitchens for the last 12 years, I usually let it
slide.  Of course, I'm not allergic to anything,
either, and therefore don't have to be as cautious
about what I eat.  I understand most people's
frustration with poor service, though.

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who is actually allergic to chocolate, but refuses to
admit the fact to himself, out of fear of a life
deprived of same... a life without chocolate is like a
crennulated jejunator without a rotating
framistan...or something like that...)