SC - alcohol revisited

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 20:35:04 PST 2001

- --- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> However, under cooked whole chickens seem to be a
> recurrent SCA feast
> problem. I made sure that we were careful at my
> feast - no meat on
> wooden cutting boards, people doing meat handling
> wore rubber gloves,
> and the sausages and chickens were very carefully
> cooked and watched
> over and checked to make sure they were really
> cooked through.

Having done a number of feasts, I can certainly
understand 'why' some foods can make their way out of
the kitchen prior to the completion of their alotted
cooking time... often times these feasts (at least in
my neighborhood) are held at halls which are woefully
ill-equipped for the task (few, if any ovens, poor or
no refridgeration, etc).  However, this is no excuse
for poor food handling techniques.  Any cook worth his
salt knows that extra care must be taken with all
potentially hazardous foods, chicken in particular.

However, undercooked chicken is certainly not an
allergen...

Balthazar of Blackmoor