SC - Asparagus smell

Robbin Long rlong at srrc.ars.usda.gov
Thu Feb 8 09:23:22 PST 2001

> the arguement may indeed be specious...but its what my bleedin' heart
> liberal mom told me :)....

I think it may be based on Argentinan beef, which was a big part of the
beef market when _Diet for a Small Planet_ was published.

However, more carbs do go into beef than come out, of course.

- -- Jadwiga (who knows exactly where her prejudices come from, thanks--
Monroe County, NY and Lancaster County, PA)
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"